As of 2 pm., Bualoi was located 11.8 degrees north latitude and 150.8 degrees east longitude, about 425 miles east east-southeast of Guam. Tropical Storm Bualoi continues to move west north-west at 13 mph with maximum sustained winds of 70 mph. Bualoi is forecast to continue to intensify, possibly becoming a typhoon on Monday.
A typhoon warning is now in effect, Tinian, and Saipan, meaning typhoon conditions, including destructive winds of 74 mph or more, are possible, as soon as Monday night.
A typhoon watch remains in effect for Rota, meaning damaging winds of more than 39 mph are possible, as soon as Monday night.
A tropical storm watch remains in effect for Guam, meaning tropical storm
To prepare for any scenario, residents and visitors are advised to take basic precautionary actions now:
- Stay up to date with the latest information. The storm track or intensity may change and advisories may be issued.
- Locate or prepare your emergency preparedness kits for your household; stock up on non-perishable food items and water for your household, flashlights, first-aid kits, batteries, matches or lighters, portable stove, toiletries, etc. Visit https://www.ready.gov/
build-a-kitfor more information on what to include in your supplies list.
- Secure important documents such as birth certificates, tax papers, and insurance documents and keep copies in a water-proof bag.
- Clear loose debris around your yard and store any items that may become airborne with heavy winds.
- Those living in areas prone to flooding should be prepared to take action; clear drainage areas and unblock clogged storm drains in your area to minimize the chance of flooding.
The Offices of Guam Homeland Security and Civil Defense (GHS/OCD) remind the community to heed any additional advisories in the coming days.
Stay up to date with the latest advisory information:
- NWS Website: https://
- NWS Facebook: https://
- GHS/OCD Website: https://ghs.guam.gov/
- GHS/OCD Facebook: https://www.
For more information, contact GHS/OCD Acting Public Information Officer, Jaimie H. Cruz at (671) 688-0438 or via email at email@example.com.