The National Weather Service (NWS) - Guam Weather Forecast Office continue to monitor a tropical disturbance southeast of Kosrae.
Early this morning the disturbance was located about 310 miles southeast of Kosrae and is expected to gradually develop over the next several days, drifting west-northwestward to the vicinity of the Marianas. While the probability of the circulation passing near the Marianas is high, there is still uncertainty with the exact track and forecast intensity of the system as it approaches. Some models bring it south of Guam Saturday; others take it on a different track, either west of the Marianas or east of Guam Monday.
Changes can still occur with the overall forecast track and timeline. Once the disturbance better organizes, our confidence in the forecast will increase.
To prepare for any scenario, residents and visitors are advised to take the following basic precautionary actions:
- Stay up to date with the latest information. The forecast track or intensity may change and advisories may be issued.
- Locate or prepare your emergency preparedness kits for your household; stock up on non-perishable food items and water for your household, flashlights, first-aid kits, batteries, matches or lighters, portable stove, toiletries, etc. Visit https://www.ready.gov/build-a-kit for more information on what to include in your supplies list.
- Be prepared to clear loose debris around your yard and store any items that may become airborne with heavy winds.
- Those living in areas prone to flooding should be prepared to take action; clear drainage areas and unblock clogged storm drains in your area to minimize the chance of flooding.
Stay up to date with the latest advisory information in the coming days:
- NWS Website: https://www.weather.gov/gum/
- NWS Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NWSGuam/
- GHS/OCD Website: https://ghs.guam.gov/
- GHS/OCD Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/GHSOCD/
For more information, contact GHS/OCD Public Information Officer, Jenna G. Blas at (671) 489-2540 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.