The National Weather Service (NWS), Guam Weather Forecast Office maintain the flash flood warning, in effect for Guam until 6 p.m. this evening. Flooding is imminent or occurring.
The community is advised to take the following precautionary actions:
· Be alert for landslides and mud slides
· Refrain from outdoor recreational activities
· A small craft advisory remains in effect – avoid boating, surfing, and other water related activities until conditions subside
· Do not hike or camp until dangerous conditions subside
Practice extreme caution on the following roadways, where flooding continues or safe travel might be reduced to one lane.
· Polaris Pt., Rt. 1
· Hamburger Rd., Harmon
· San Vitores Rd., Tumon
· Barrigada, Rt. 16
· Artemio Cruz St., Yona
· R. Camacho Way, Barrigada
· Near Aguon Store, Barrigada
· Leyang, Barrigada
· Tai Road, Mangilao
· 5th and 8th St., O’Brien Drive, Hagatna
· Toto Canada Loop Rd., Barrigada
The following areas are deemed impassable. Motorists are advised to seek alternate routes:
· Bradley Place, Anigua
· Rt. 10 by Wendy’s, Barrigada
To report uncovered manholes, contact the Guam Waterworks Authority emergency dispatch line at (671) 646-4211 OR (671) 636-7319. To report impassable roads, contact GHS/OCD at (671) 475-9600. For more information, contact GHS/OCD Public Information Officer Jenna G. Blas at (671) 489-2540 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.