Residents and visitors are advised to take precautionary actions:
· Clear drainage areas and un-block clogged storm drains in your area to minimize the chance of flooding
· Avoid walking or driving through flood waters
· Just 6 inches of moving water can knock you down, and 2 feet of water can sweep your vehicle away
· If there is a chance of flash flooding, move immediately to higher ground
· If floodwaters rise around your car but the water is not moving, abandon the car and move to higher ground. If the water is moving, do not leave the car.
· Avoid camping, parking, or hiking along streams, rivers, and creeks during heavy rainfall. These areas can flood quickly and with little warning.
· Visit https://www.ready.gov/
The Offices of Guam Homeland Security and Civil Defense (GHS/OCD) remind the community to practice extreme caution while traveling in these rainy conditions, driving below the speed limit and allowing enough braking distance between vehicles.
Visit the following links for the latest advisory information:
· NWS Website: http://www.prh.noaa.
· NWS Facebook: https://www.
· GHS/OCD Website: https://ghs.guam.gov/
· GHS/OCD Facebook: https://www.
For more information, contact GHS/OCD Public Information Officer, Jenna G. Blas at (671) 489-2540 or via email at email@example.com.