The Offices of Guam Homeland Security and Civil Defense (GHS/OCD), in coordination with the National Earthquake Technical Assistance Program (NETAP), will host two web-based trainings, offered to both Guam and Hawaii participants. The following trainings will be held virtually and are free to eligible participants:
- FEMA P-154, Rapid Screening of Buildings for Potential Seismic Hazards (pre-disaster) – Thursday, May 20, 2021, 9 a.m. – 1 p.m.
- Register at https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/8805825213479239438
- This course provides instruction on how to identify potentially hazardous buildings before earthquakes occur. The web-based training covers methods and processes that enable personnel to rapidly identify, inventory, and screen local buildings according to their expected safety and usability during and after earthquakes.
- ATC-20, Procedures for Postearthquake Safety Evaluation of Buildings (post-disaster) – Thursday, June 3, 2021, 9 a.m. – 1 p.m.
- Register at https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/3264110687627794446
- This course provides instruction on rapid and detailed evaluation procedures for evaluating earthquake-damaged buildings and identifying them, accordingly. The web-based training provides examples that allow attendees to evaluate building damage conditions, assess the overall risk from the damage, and recommend which identifying placard should be posted on the building. These evaluations and placards can be used in planning and executing evacuation, re-entry, and rebuilding strategies.
Attendees for this course include building officials, engineers, architects, building owners, emergency management personnel, and risk analysts. Registered attendees will also be eligible for Professional Development Hours.
For media inquiries, contact GHS/OCD Public Information Officer Jenna G. Blas at (671) 478-0208 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.