On July 21, Governor Lou Leon Guerrero signed Executive Order No. 2021-16, relative to lifting restrictions and extending the public health emergency declaration during Pandemic Condition of Readiness 3 (PCOR 3), and orders such that:
- The public health emergency shall be extended for an additional thirty (30) days and is now set to expire on Monday, August 30, 2021.
- Individuals over the age of two (2) shall continue to be required to wear masks in congregate settings, whether indoor or outdoor and in accordance with Department of Public Health and Social Services (DPHSS) Guidance. All other restrictions, including limitations on social gatherings, reduced occupancy of establishments, social distancing requirements, and the requirement of operations on an appointment-only basis are lifted effective at 12:01AM on the day after Guam has officially achieved its vaccination goal of eighty percent (80%) of its adult population, as certified by DPHSS and accepted by the Governor.
- EFFECTIVE AUGUST 1, 2021:
- The suspension of the Pandemic Unemployment Assistance (“PUA”) work search requirement contained in Executive Order 2020-25 is rescinded. PUA claimants must now meet work search requirements as required in United States Department of Labor guidance following Hawaii regulations.
- Public and private schools and other learning institutions shall operate in compliance with effective CDC guidelines subject to applicable DPHSS guidance memoranda.
To view Executive Order No. 2021-16 in its entirety, click HERE.
For the latest information on COVID-19, visit dphss.guam.gov or guamrecovery.com. For inquiries on COVID-19, contact 311 through a local number, or call the Joint Information Center at (671) 478-0208/09/10.