DPHSS Issues Guidance Memo 2021-05
The Department of Public Health and Social Services (DPHSS) issued Guidance Memo 2021-05, relative to restrictions and allowances for public and private operations pursuant to Executive Order No. 2021-03, during Pandemic Condition of Readiness 2 (PCOR 2).
- EFFECTIVE 8 A.M., FEBRUARY 6, 2021: the following businesses and services must not exceed 50% of the occupancy load:
- In-Person Indoor Dining at Eating and Drinking Establishments provided there shall be no more than six (6) persons per table per party, with six (6) feet distance between each party;
- Aquariums, museums, and zoos where the number of each group is limited to no more than twenty-five (25) persons per party;
- Bowling alleys provided there are no food concession sales and no food or drink is to be consumed, and that face masks are worn at all times;
- Waterparks and other recreational water venues where the number of each group is limited to no more than twenty-five (25) persons per party; and
- Tourist attraction sites and venues where the number of each group is limited to no more than twenty-five (25) persons per party.
- EFFECTIVE 8 A.M., FEBRUARY 6, 2021: movie theaters and food concession sales are authorized provided the following requirements are met:
- Must not exceed 50% of the occupancy load;
- Face masks must be worn at all times, except when actively eating and drinking;
- Designated movie attendant is assigned to each auditorium to ensure compliance by customers;
- Adherence to the Guam Food Code;
- Eliminate communal food and condiments that requires shared serving utensils or equipment;
- Barriers between employees and customers must be provided at service counter or point of sale; and
- A written record is maintained, which provides the following information that must be readily available to DPHSS, when requested:
- Date and time of the visit;
- Name of the individual(s);
- Designated seating area;
- Number of people; and
- Phone and/or email.
All authorized businesses must also follow applicable requirements of DPHSS Guidance Memorandum 2021-05, which does not contradict or conflict with Executive Orders 2020-27 through 2020-41 and 2020-43 through 2020-46, 2021-01, and 2021-03, and the prevailing DPHSS Guidance memorandum, for social distancing; cleaning, sanitization, and/or disinfection of surfaces; posting of signs; face masks; and employee health and hygiene.
Businesses and service not authorized for on-site operations are as follows:
- Reservations to celebrate private functions (i.e., anniversaries, birthdays, weddings, graduations) at Eating and Drinking Establishments and other public venues where the total number of guests exceed twenty-five (25) individuals.
- Boat charters for congregations that exceed twenty-five (25) individuals;
- Bars and taverns;
- Contact sporting events of all types and non-contact sports competition or organized games;
- Senior Centers; and;
- Other businesses and services identified by the DPHSS
GBHWC Crisis Hotline
The Guam Behavioral Health and Wellness Center (GBHWC) has a Crisis Hotline available 24/7 at (671) 647-8833/4. For those feeling anxious, stressed, overwhelmed or are needing to talk to someone, GBHWC has experienced providers available and ready to assist the community with any heightened stress and anxiety experienced as a result of COVID-19.
For the latest information on COVID-19, visit dphss.guam.gov or guamrecovery.com. For inquiries on COVID-19, contact 311 through a local number, or call the Joint Information Center at (671) 478-0208/09/10.
Click Here to View DPHSS Guidance Memorandum 2021-05