Patients are advised to check in at the Patient Registration Department on the first floor. Expectant mothers will remain at the hospital for the duration of the storm until it is determined safe for them to return home.
Ladies are asked to have a meal before they check into the hospital and bring non-perishable snacks. Sleeper chairs, pillows and blankets will be provided. All pregnant women are asked to bring the following for their comfort and convenience:
- ID and insurance cards;
- Drinking water and snacks that do not need refrigeration or heating;
- Any needed medications;
- Personal toiletries (soap, toothbrush, lotions, etc.);
- Change of clothing;
- Favorite entertainment supplies to help pass time such as reading materials, DVD movies, cards, games, etc.;
- For safety reasons, please follow these RESTRICTIONS:
b. No weapons No personal pillows and linens.
c. No escorts, children or pets will be allowed to accompany the pregnant women.
Also, regular visiting hours are expected to continue until 8 p.m. today. Outpatient elective surgeries are also postponed until further notice.
Visit the following links for the latest advisory information:
- NWS Website: http://www.prh.noaa.gov/guam/
- NWS Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NWSGuam/
- GHS/OCD Website: https://ghs.guam.gov/
- GHS/OCD Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/GHSOCD/
- Governor Calvo Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/eddiebazacalvo/
- Joint Region Marianas Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jrmguam/
For more information, contact the Joint Information Center at (671) 478-0208 or the GHS/OCD 24/7 watch desk at (671) 475-9600 or (671) 482-7019.