No Illegal Dumping
Violations of illegal dumping can result in fines of up to $1000 per day per violation per Section 10 GCA Chapter 51.
Burning green waste
- The Guam Fire Department has permits allowing for the open burning of green waste.
- Residents can get a permit at the various fire stations.
- Burning must be done near a water source, such as a garden hose.
- Open burning of green waste is temporary
Residents are advised to bring GREEN WASTE DEBRIS, ONLY to their respective village mayors’ offices designated debris staging area, open daily beginning September 14 through September 23, Monday-Sunday, between 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
There are no designated public debris dumping sites other than with the village mayors’ offices at this time.
Residents must complete a Debris Waste Form, available at your Mayor’s Office. A site monitor will be at every site and will inspect debris to ensure it is only GREEN WASTE prior to disposal. There will be no curbside pick-up of green waste. Residents must bring their green waste to the temporary green waste sites.
Designated the temporary green waste sites:
• Dededo: Ponding Basin across Benevente Middle School
• Tamuning, Tumon, Harmon: Oka, former GMHA site
• Yigo: Wusstig Rd. across 7Day Adventist
• Asan-Maina: Baseball field behind Diamond K
• Agana Heights: Outside skating rink next to the baseball field
• Hagatna: Next to Hagatna Pool
• Sinajana: Baseball field next to Mayor’s office
• Mongmong-Toto-Maite: Next to Toto baseball field
• Ordot-Chalan Pago: Area across Mayor’s Office Ordot
• Barrigada: Vacant lot across Aguon’s Store
• Mangilao: Bill Muna baseball field
• Yona: Pulantat old transition site
• Talofofo: Enclosed lot behind Talofofo Elementary
• Inarajan: Proposed baseball field Malojloj Barcinas Drive
• Merizo: Joseph A. Cruz Avenue after baseball field
• Umatac: Area next to bridge
• Agat: Former DPW bus satellite site next to Mayor’s Office
• Santa Rita: Behind Santa Rita Senior Citizen Center
• Piti: Across Piti Church
Paul M. McDonald, Mayor
Kevin Susuico, Mayor
Frankie A. Salas, Mayor
June U. Blas, Mayor
Jessy C. Gogue, Mayor
477-0450 Community Center
Melissa B. Savares, Mayor
John A. Cruz, Mayor
Doris F. Lujan, Mayor
Allan R.G. Ungacta, Mayor
Ernest T. Chargualaf, Mayor
Rudy A. Paco, Mayor
Jesse L.G. Alig, Mayor
Dale E. Alvarez, Mayor
Robert RDC Hofmann, Mayor
Vicente S. Taitague, Mayor
Louise C. Rivera, Mayor
Johnny A. Quinata, Mayor
Rudy M. Matanane, Mayor
Jesse M. Blas, Mayor
For more information, contact the Joint Information Center at (671) 478-0208/09/10.