As recovery work continues, in the aftermath of Typhoon Mangkhut, the community are reminded to continue to stay safe:
• Drive at a slower pace than normal and proceed with caution
• Provide authorities the courtesy of the road by complying with traffic signs, watching for traffic cones or larger response vehicles
• Allow the authorities to safely conduct their jobs by allowing enough room on the roadways and at each job site
• Do not use cellphones while driving
• Allow enough braking distance between vehicles
• Observe your surroundings at all times
• In the evening, watch out for friends and family members, especially in areas with no power. Report any disturbances or emergencies to 911.
For more information, contact the Guam Homeland Security / Office of Civil Defense 24/7 watch desk at (671) 475-9600 or (671) 482-7019.