GWA northern water systems are operating normally.
GWA continues to monitor reservoir levels in Yigo and Mt. Santa Rosa, and is seeing improvement. Central and Southern water booster pump station issues at Access, Pago Bay, Nimitz Hill, Maina and Pigua stations have been resolved and service has been restored. In the south, Ugum Water treatment plant is on line and producing sufficient water for the service area.
GWA is working with GPA to bring facilities off of generator power as restoration efforts move forward, and resolve any issues as the grid stabilizes.
The only area that remains without water is Agat-Umatac / Upper Santa Ana. A tanker has been deployed to this area. GWA has resolved production to the Agana Heights-Chaot service area, and service to elevated areas in Chaot have been restored.
All treatment plants are operating normally. Some of the smaller southern sewage pump stations without generators are being managed with pump trucks until island power can be restored. GWA is working with GPA to bring facilities off of generator power as restoration efforts move forward, and resolve any issues as the grid stabilizes.
On Friday, September 14, 2018, GPA crews continued working systematically:
- Restoring power to the final two GPA distribution power lines serving Southern Guam
- Clearing paths and making repairs for restoration from Agat-Umatac-Merizo on the southwest side of the island; while simultaneously working from Talofofo through Malojloj and Inarajan to Merizo on the southwest side of the island to loop and energize all of southern Guam
- Also working full force in the north and central sectors focusing on making repairs in the more challenging village and neighborhood areas that have yet to be energized
- To energize all GDOE schools
- Working to energize Talofofo to Malojloj near the former Flores Poultry Farm
GPA restoration progress of the day included these areas:
- Chalan La Chance, Paradise Estates, Chalan Henry Kaiser, NCS, Adacao, Latte Plantation, Guafe
- Energized Maina village
- Repairing and energizing from the Talofofo Substation to the Tarzan Falls area
- Energized Talofofo Village to Surfside area
- Bringing power from Umatac to the Merizo Pier area
As restoration increases daily, customer load will rise and system reliability of the overall island wide power system will improve and normalize.
In such restoration efforts, an area may become energized and some customers may not receive power service. GPA asks for continuing patience and to know that the GPA crews will return their continued patience Customers and residents are reminded that safety is paramount for all working crews,” stated GPA General Manager John M. Benavente. “Electricity is unforgiving and the outcome is typically fatal when there is an accident,” he added. “Working systematically and safely each step of the way, GPA will complete power restoration island wide,” Benavente concluded.
For a copy of GPA's full release, click here.