COVID-19 test results are reported from multiple labs at varying times of the day. Cumulative test results will be provided this evening once all tests from today are finalized.
To date, there have been 179 cases confirmed through COVID-19 testing provided with 5 deaths, 163 released from isolation, and 11 active cases. As this is an evolving situation, information is subject to change with little to no notice. For updated information on COVID-19 cases on Guam, visit the COVID-19 Dashboard and Situation Report at http://dphss.guam.gov/covid-19/.
Disaster Household Distribution Continues This Week
The Emergency Food Assistance Program (TEFAP) Disaster Household Distribution (DHD) is available to all families impacted by COVID-19. TEFAP-DHD began in May, and the Guam Department of Education (GDOE) was approved by USDA to distribute a total of 12,000 TEFAP-DHD commodity bags. Distribution continues this week on June 9 and June 11.
Recipients will receive one bag of TEFAP-DHD food commodities and one Farmers to Families food box of fresh fruits or vegetables. Food commodities include items such as fresh apples and oranges, beans, rice, canned fruits, sauces, tuna, salmon, pork, beef, and chicken. Distribution will take place on the following dates and locations:
Tuesday, June 9, 2020:
- Mount Lam Lam in Agat-Umatac from 6 a.m. to 10 a.m.
- Dededo Farmer’s Market from 6 a.m. to 10 a.m.
Thursday, June 11, 2020:
- Tiyan Upper Baseball Field from 6 a.m. to 10 a.m.
- Yona St. Francis Church from 6 a.m. to 10 a.m.
Commodities will be distributed for the week on a first come, first served basis, while supplies last. Distribution may end early if all available resources are distributed before 10 a.m. Participants are asked to follow the following program guidelines:
- Please be patient;
- Follow instructions and have valid identification ready;
- Wear a mask at all times;
- Remain in your vehicle;
- Proceed with caution; and
- Follow traffic directions and signage.
In addition to the 12,000 commodity bags approved for distribution through the TEFAP-DHD program, an additional 8,019 bags of commodities were distributed to non-profit community organizations, Mayor’s Offices, and the Feed the Need Organization between March and May 2020.
Normal TEFAP Commodities Distribution Resumes last week of June
The Emergency Food Assistance Program (TEFAP) regular operations will be suspended from June 15-19 in order to replenish commodity resources and to transition back to operations at the Piti warehouse. Normal TEFAP commodities distribution will resume at the GDOE Piti warehouse during the final week of June. Further TEFAP information, dates and times will be announced at a later date. The TEFAP commodities distribution program is available to economically vulnerable families that participate in the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP); Women, Infants and Children (WIC) program, and Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF). Participants are reminded to continue to follow all safety guidelines.
Disaster Relief Program – Prugråman Salåppe’ Ayudon I Taotao
The application deadline for the Disaster Relief Program – Prugråman Salåppe’ Ayudon I Taotao is Friday, June 12, 2020. Those who submit their applications by the June 12 deadline will have until June 30 to submit all the additional required documents. To date, a total of 17,040 checks have been processed and released totaling $12.8 million.
All program recipients who are currently eligible and receiving benefits and those who have submitted an application, but have not yet been processed under any of the public assistance programs: Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP); Medicaid; MIP; Cash Assistance Programs (CAP); and Child Care Development Fund (CCDF) Block Grant, will not need to submit a new application form to receive the Disaster Relief Program cash assistance. DPHSS will provide a listing of all enrolled households to the Department of Administration (DOA). DOA will mail checks to the Head of the Household.
How to Apply:
- Download and complete the “Disaster Relief Cash Assistance Program Application” available on the Department of Public Health and Social Services website (dphss.guam.gov).
- Send the signed application by email to PublicAssistance@dphss.guam.gov or submit it to the Drop Box located at Castle Mall in Mangilao, Room 16 between the hours of 8 a.m. and 5 p.m., Monday through Friday, excluding holidays.
- Total household’s gross monthly income must be equal to or below the 165% of the Federal Poverty Level
- Head of Household must be 18 years old and above
- Must provide proof of 6 months residency on Guam (examples: Landlords Statement, GHURA Contract), Statement of Living Arrangement (if living with individuals other than your family, Mayors Verification)
- Must provide valid identification documents (Head of Household and its members): Driver’s License, or Guam Identification Card or Passport
- Copy of each household member’s Social Security Card
DOA will verify eligibility based on the information submitted and mail checks to qualifying applicants. For information regarding check disbursements, please contact DOA at 475-1101, 475-1250 or 475-1221.
Expanded COVID-19 Testing Continues
DPHSS, in collaboration with the Government of Guam, the Mayors Council of Guam, private, and federal agencies, continues expanded COVID-19 testing.
Testing is free and open to the public. No symptoms are needed to qualify for testing. If your village is not listed, please proceed to a neighboring village for testing. Please bring an I.D., if one is available. The expanded testing schedule is as follows:
COVID-19 Drive-Through Testing:
- Tuesday, June 9, 2020, 9 a.m. - 12 p.m. at the DPHSS Southern Regional Community Health Center parking lot, Inarajan
- Free and open to Inarajan residents
- Wednesday, June 10, 2020, 9 a.m. -12 p.m. at the Mongmong Church
- Free and open to Mongmong-Toto-Maite residents
- Thursday, June 11, 2020, 1 p.m. - 4 p.m. at the Merizo Senior Center
- Free and open to Merizo residents
- Tuesday, June 16, 2020, 9 a.m. - 12 p.m. at the Piti Mayor’s Office
- Free and open to Piti residents
- Wednesday, June 17, 2020, 1 p.m. - 4 p.m. at the Santa Rita Senior Center
- Free and open to Santa Rita residents
- Thursday, June 18, 2020, 9 a.m. - 12 p.m. at the St. Anthony Church grounds, Tamuning
- Free and open to Tamuning and Tumon residents
- Tuesday, June 23, 2020, 9 a.m. - 12 p.m. at the GPD Police Koban Parking Lot (next to Barrigada Community Center)
- Free and open to Barrigada residents
- Wednesday, June 24, 2020, 9 a.m. - 12 p.m. at the Agana Heights Mayor’s Office
- Free and open to Agana Heights residents
- (671) 480-7859
- (671) 480-6760/3
- (671) 480-7883
- (671) 687-6170 (ADA Dedicated Number)
For inquiries on COVID-19, contact 311 through a local number, or call the Joint Information Center at (671) 478-0208/09/10.
Click Here to View COVID-19 Testing (UPDATED 06.08.2020)