COVID-19 test results are reported from multiple labs at varying times of the day. Cumulative test results will be provided this evening once all tests from today are finalized.
To date, there have been 179 cases confirmed through COVID-19 testing provided with 5 deaths, 162 released from isolation, and 12 active cases. As this is an evolving situation, information is subject to change with little to no notice. For updated information on COVID-19 cases on Guam, visit the COVID-19 Dashboard and Situation Report at http://dphss.guam.gov/covid-19/.
DPHSS Begins Accepting Renewal Applications for Sanitary Permit
The Department of Public Health and Social Services (DPHSS) Division of Environmental Health (DEH) will be accepting renewal applications for Sanitary Permits for all health-regulated establishments starting June 8, 2020. Pursuant to existing law, all Sanitary Permits expire June 30th of every year.
Completed applications and payment should be dropped off at the Guam Environmental Public Health Laboratory (aka Mosquito Lab) in Dededo, next to Northern Public Health. Payments must be made in a form of money order or check made out to the Treasurer of Guam in the exact amount. Credit card payments cannot be accepted at this time. When processed, the applicant will receive a call with instructions on the location, date, and time to pick up the renewed Sanitary Permit.
The renewal application may be downloaded from DEH’s website at https://dphss.guam.gov/division-of-environmental-health/. The Sanitary Permit fee is $290.00 for establishments with one to ten employees, and each additional employee thereafter is an additional $5.00. Applicants must also include a copy of their existing Sanitary Permit with their application. Furthermore, institutional establishments (childcare centers, etc.) must attach a copy of their license from the Bureau of Social Services Administration (BOSSA). Cosmetology establishments (beauty/barber shops, salons, etc.) must include a copy of their license from the Board of Cosmetology. These renewal applications will be accepted, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. by June 30, 2020.
Only the applicants will be allowed to enter the facility, and they are recommended to have their applications completed and all supporting document(s) included before coming to the facility. Family, friends, or children accompanying the applicant, and applicants who are feeling ill or experiencing any COVID-19 like symptoms, will not be permitted onto the premises. Wearing of face masks will be mandatory, and social distancing will be implemented. Applicants needing special accommodation must call 300-9579 at least two days prior to arriving.
For any questions, please contact DEH at 300-9579 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Expanded COVID-19 Testing Continues
DPHSS, in collaboration with the Government of Guam, the Mayors Council of Guam, private, and federal agencies, continues expanded COVID-19 testing.
Testing is free and open to the public. No symptoms are needed to qualify for testing. If your village is not listed, please proceed to a neighboring village for testing. Please bring an I.D., if one is available. The expanded testing schedule is as follows:
COVID-19 Drive-Through Testing:
- Monday, June 8, 2020, 9 a.m. - 11 a.m. at the DPHSS Central Public Health Center, Barrigada
- Free and open to Palau residents
- Tuesday, June 9, 2020, 9 a.m. - 12 p.m. at the DPHSS Southern Regional Community Health Center parking lot, Inarajan
- Free and open to Inarajan residents
- Wednesday, June 10, 2020, 9 a.m. -12 p.m. at the Mongmong Church
- Free and open to Mongmong-Toto-Maite residents
- Thursday, June 11, 2020, 1 p.m. - 4 p.m. at the Merizo Senior Center
- Free and open to Merizo residents
- Tuesday, June 16, 2020, 9 a.m. - 12 p.m. at the Piti Mayor’s Office
- Free and open to Piti residents
- Wednesday, June 17, 2020, 1 p.m. - 4 p.m. at the Santa Rita Senior Center
- Free and open to Santa Rita residents
- Thursday, June 18, 2020, 9 a.m. - 12 p.m. at the St. Anthony Church grounds, Tamuning
- Free and open to Tamuning and Tumon residents
- Tuesday, June 23, 2020, 9 a.m. - 12 p.m. at the GPD Police Koban Parking Lot (next to Barrigada Community Center)
- Free and open to Barrigada residents
If you are experiencing symptoms consistent with COVID-19, please call your health care provider. If a patient does not have a regular health care provider, they can call any of the Community Health Centers or the DPHSS Medical Triage Hotline Phone Numbers listed below to report symptoms and obtain guidance from clinicians, or call 311 and dial option number 1.
- (671) 480-7859
- (671) 480-6760/3
- (671) 480-7883
- (671) 687-6170 (ADA Dedicated Number)
For inquiries on COVID-19, contact 311 through a local number, or call the Joint Information Center at (671) 478-0208/09/10.