As of 10 p.m., Typhoon Wutip was located 9.9 degrees north latitude and 145.0 degrees east longitude. It is currently 245 miles south of Guam moving northwest at 15 mph.
Wutip has maximum sustained winds of 115 mph. On its current track, it is forecasted to make its closest point of approach (CPA) approximately 130 – 150 miles away from Guam between Saturday night and Sunday morning.
What to expect with the current track:
- Damaging winds of 39 - 47 mph with gusts up to 60 mph in heavy showers as early as 9 a.m. Saturday through Sunday evening, which is longer than previous storms
- CPA is expected for a long period between Saturday night and Sunday morning
- 6-8 inches of rainfall are expected at Wutip’s passage but may increase depending on storm’s proximity
People are urged to remain indoors because of the potential for worsening conditions throughout Sunday.
Hazardous weather will remain even after the storm's closest point of approach has passed.
“I want to remind everyone to please remain vigilant. This storm will bring a considerable amount of wind and rain for an extended period of time, so please prepare accordingly,” said Acting Governor Tenorio. “We will continue to monitor this storm closely and pray for our island’s safety.”
Any northward track of the typhoon would bring higher damaging winds and possibly even destructive winds to Guam. Stay up to date with any changes to Conditions of Readiness or significant changes to the storm’s track.
GIAA Provides Information on Affected Flights
|FLIGHT NO.||AIRCRAFT||UPDATED ETA||ORIGIN||NOTES|
|PR 110||A321||1405 CANCELLED||MANILA||Cancelled on Saturday and Sunday due to weather|
|CI 025||B738||1350 CANCELLED||TAIPEI||Cancelled on Sunday due to weather|
|KE 113||B777||1435 CANCELLED||INCHEON||Cancelled on Saturday due to weather|
|KE 111||A330||0050 CANCELLED||INCHEON||Cancelled on Sunday due to weather|
|LJ 647||B738||1230 CANCELLED||PUSAN||Cancelled on Saturday due to weather|
|LJ 641||B777||1450 CANCELLED||INCHEON||Cancelled on Saturday due to weather|
|TW 311||B738||1510 CANCELLED||KANSAI||Cancelled on Saturday due to weather|
|TW 337||B738||1450 CANCELLED||NAGOYA||Cancelled on Saturday due to weather|
|TW 9235||B738||1615 CANCELLED||NARITA||Cancelled on Saturday due to weather|
Visit the following links for the latest advisory information:
- NWS Website: http://www.prh.noaa.gov/guam/
- NWS Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NWSGuam/
- GHS/OCD Website: https://ghs.guam.gov/
- GHS/OCD Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/GHSOCD/
- Joint Region Marianas Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jrmguam/
For more information, contact the Joint Information Center at (671) 478-0208/09/10.