Department of Public Health and Social Services
The Department of Public Health and Social Services (DPHSS) announces that at Condition of Readiness (COR) 2, the Northern Region Community Health Center (NRCHC) in Dededo and the Southern Region Community Health Center (SRCHC) in Inarajan will remain open and the following limited services will be provided:
- Patients who need oxygen therapy due to loss of power (patients may bring their own oxygen machines). Patients should also bring necessities such as water, food, and medications. Please bring only one individual to accompany you to the center.
- A doctor will be available to treat patients who need non-emergency care (i.e., treatment for lacerations, cuts, and minor injuries, etc.) and those needing urgent care services (i.e., breathing treatments, IV fluid therapy, treatment for minor infections, etc.)
- If you are experiencing a life-threatening condition, please call 911 or proceed to the nearest hospital emergency room.
For more information, please call the following:
- Northern Region CHC: 635-7400 or 635-4410.
- Southern Region CHC: 828-7515, 828-7516, or 828-7517.
Guam Memorial Hospital Authority
The Guam Memorial Hospital Authority (GMHA) is preparing to accept expectant mothers beginning at 4:00 p.m. this afternoon; however, GMHA will accept expectant mothers if they decide to come in later. This is for pregnant mothers who are at least thirty-eight (38) weeks pregnant and all high-risk pregnant mothers who are six (6) months or more in their pregnancy.
Mothers are asked to check with their healthcare providers for guidance if they are unsure if they have a high-risk pregnancy. Upon arrival, check in at GMHA’s Patient Registration Department on the 1st Floor. Expectant mothers will remain at the Hospital for the duration of the storm until it is determined safe for them to return to their homes.
All expectant mothers are asked to enjoy a complete meal before they check into the hospital. Sleepers, pillows and blankets will be provided to the pregnant mothers. All pregnant mothers who need to come to GMH are asked to bring the following for their comfort and convenience:
- ID and insurance cards;
- Drinking water & Snacks that do not need refrigeration or heating;
- Any needed medications;
- Personal toiletries (soap, toothbrush, lotions, etc.);
- Change of clothing;
- Favorite entertainment supplies to help pass time such as reading materials, DVD movies, cards, games, etc.
- For safety reasons, please follow these RESTRICTIONS:
- No weapons;
- No personal pillows, blankets and linens; and
- No escorts, children or pets will be allowed to accompany the pregnant mothers.
For the Community’s safety:
- Regular Visiting Hours may continue until 8:00 p.m. today (Friday) and then they will not resume until declaration of COR 4;
- Outpatient Elective Surgeries are postponed until further notice upon declaration of COR 2; and
- Family Viewings are suspended upon declaration of COR 2 and will resume upon declaration of COR 4.
Guam Regional Medical City
The Guam Regional Medical City (GRMC) will suspend visiting hours once the island is placed in COR 2. All visitors, except patient watchers, will be asked to leave the hospital.
All admitted patients may have one (1) patient watcher. Patient watchers must obtain an approved emergency patient watcher badge from Customer Relations in the Main Lobby. Note, patient watchers are encouraged to bring food for the duration of the storm. Meals will only be provided to patients.
All appointments scheduled for this weekend will be contacted for rescheduling.
U.S. Naval Hospital Guam
U.S. Naval Hospital Guam emergency services will remain operational during the storm. However, be mindful of COR levels, base control measures and access restrictions.
USNH Guam pregnant women who are 38 weeks or longer and 36 weeks if high risk (with complications) will be called by hospital staff.
U.S. Renal Care Dialysis Centers
U.S. Renal Care Dialysis Centers remain open today, Friday, February 22. Patients will be contacted if there are changes to scheduled appointments. Patients are encouraged to contact the centers directly for more information.
U.S. Renal Care – Dededo: 637-3068
U.S. Renal Care – Finegayan: 588-0020
U.S. Renal Care – Sinajana: 475-3600
U.S. Renal Care – Tamuning: 646-3516
U.S. Renal Care – Tumon: 646-3773
Visit the following links for the latest advisory information:
- NWS Website: http://www.prh.noaa.gov/guam/
- NWS Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NWSGuam/
- GHS/OCD Website: https://ghs.guam.gov/
- GHS/OCD Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/GHSOCD/
- Joint Region Marianas Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jrmguam/
For more information, contact the Joint Information Center at (671) 478-0208/09/10 or the GHS/OCD 24/7 watch desk at (671) 475-9600.