- Appliances: includes common household appliances, such as a refrigerator, washing machine, etc.
- Clothing: essential clothing needed due to overall loss, damage, or contamination
- Home furnishings: basic furnishings found in a bedroom, kitchen, bathroom and living room
- Tools required for work and school: equipment required for work, or necessary school items for you and your family members
- Accessible items: FEMA also provides assistance for damaged personal property required for qualified applicants with disabilities
The following conditions must be met to receive Personal Property Assistance:
- To be eligible, these items must have been owned before the typhoon
- The item was owned and being used by occupants of the household
- FEMA does not provide assistance for furnishings and/or appliances provided by a landlord
- Items used by guests and relatives who were not members of the pre-disaster household are also not eligible for assistance
Additionally, FEMA may not repair or replace a typhoon-damaged item if you own a similar item that works.
Apply for federal disaster assistance at disasterassistance.gov, by using the FEMA mobile app, by calling 800-621-3362 (The Helpline is available 24 hours a day/ 7 days a week at no cost for Guam residents) or by stopping by a Disaster Recovery Center located at Guam Community College, Dededo Sports Complex, C.L. Taitano Elementary School and Inalahan Community Center.
Visit the following links for the latest information:
- Governor’s Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/govlouguam
- GHS/OCD Website: https://ghs.guam.gov/
- GHS/OCD Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/GHSOCD/
For more information, contact the Joint Information Center at (671) 478-0208/09/10.