Some locations that will experience flooding include Dededo, Tamuning, Yigo, Mangilao, Chalan Pago-Ordot, Barrigada, Yona, Hagatna Heights, Andersen AFB, Mongmong-Toto-Maite, Sinajana, Asan, and Piti.
Residents and visitors are advised to take the following precautionary actions:
- If driving, be alert for low visibilities and slippery roads in heavy rain;
- Slow down where water is ponding on the road;
- Turn Around, Don’t Drown. Avoid walking or driving through flood waters. Just 6 inches of moving water can knock you down, and 2 feet of water can sweep your vehicle away;
- Do not camp, park, or hike along streams, rivers, and creeks during heavy rainfall. These areas can flood quickly and with little warning.
The Offices of Guam Homeland Security and Civil Defense (GHS/OCD) advise the community to practice caution while traveling in rainy conditions, driving below the speed limit and allowing enough braking distance between vehicles.
Visit the following links for the latest advisory information:
- NWS Website: https://www.weather.gov/gum/
- NWS Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NWSGuam/
- GHS/OCD Website: https://ghs.guam.gov/
- GHS/OCD Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/GHSOCD/
For more information, contact GHS/OCD Public Information Officer Jenna G. Blas at (671) 489-2540 or via email at email@example.com.