Heavy rain is falling across central Guam. Between 1 and 2 inches of rain has fallen. Additional rainfall amounts of 2 to 4 inches are possible.
Some locations that will experience flash flooding include Dededo, Tamuning, Mangilao, Barrigada, and Mongmong-Toto-Maite.
Take the following precautionary actions:
- If driving in heavy rain, be alert for low visibilities and slippery roads;
- Slow down where water is ponding on the road;
- Turn Around, Don’t Drown. Avoid walking or driving through flood waters. Just 6 inches of moving water can knock you down, and 2 feet of water can sweep your vehicle away;
- Do not camp, park, or hike along streams, rivers, and creeks during heavy rainfall. These areas can flood quickly and with little warning.
The Offices of Guam Homeland Security and Civil Defense (GHS/OCD) advise the community to practice caution while traveling in heavy rain, driving below the speed limit and allowing enough braking distance between vehicles.
Visit the following links for the latest advisory information:
- NWS Website: https://www.weather.gov/gum/
- NWS Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NWSGuam/
- GHS/OCD Website: https://ghs.guam.gov/
- GHS/OCD Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/GHSOCD/
For more information, contact GHS/OCD Public Information Officer Jenna G. Blas at (671) 489-2540 or via email at email@example.com.