Archdiocese updates status of Catholic schools’ resumption of classes
The Office of the Superintendent of Catholic Education announces the following update on resumption of classes in the aftermath of Typhoon Mangkhut:
These schools have confirmed that they will resume classes on Wed., Sept. 12:
- Father Duenas Memorial School, Tai Mangilao
- Academy of Our Lady of Guam, Hagatna
- Santa Barbara Catholic School, Dededo
- Mercy Heights Catholic Nursery & Kindergarten, Tamuning
- Infant of Prague Catholic Nursery & Kindergarten, Tai Mangilao
- Mount Carmel School, Agat
These schools lack power and will only reopen Wed., Sept. 12 if power resumes. Parents/guardians please monitor the media for updates:
1. Bishop Baumgartner Memorial School, Sinajana
2. Dominican Child Development Center, Ordot
These schools are experiencing low to no water pressure or no power and expect to resume classes on Thurs., Sept. 13. Please monitor the media for updates.
1. San Vicente Catholic School, Barrigada
2. Notre Dame High School, Talofofo
3. St. Francis Catholic School, Yona
Information on the following schools is still pending:
1. St. Anthony Catholic School, Tamuning
2. Dominican Catholic School, Yigo
3. Maria Artero Catholic Pre-school & Kinder
School administrators advise parents/guardians that because DPW bus transportation will not be available on Sept 12, parents/guardians will need to transport children to school.
The archdiocese will issue updates to the media as soon as new information is received. Tony Diaz, Director of Communications, 562-0065, email@example.com. THANKS!