The Offices of Guam Homeland Security and Civil Defense (GHS/OCD) will conduct a re-test of the nineteen (19) All Hazards Alert Warning System (AHAWS) sirens on Friday, May 14, 2021, between 3 p.m. and 3:30 p.m.
Residents, visitors and motorists surrounding the AHAWS sirens can expect to hear pre-scripted voice messaging announcing the start and end of the test, and ten-seconds of the “Alert” siren tone.
Friday’s test of the AHAWS sirens is separate from the pre-scheduled monthly test. Future tests of the AHAWS sirens will continue to be conducted on a monthly basis and will typically fall on the first Tuesday of each month.
The following are a list of AHAWS siren sites to be tested:
1. GHS/OCD facility, Agana Heights
2. Agat Marina
3. JFK High School
4. Talofofo Elementary School
5. Asan Mayor's Office
6. Pago Bay A-Frame South End
7. Inarajan Elementary School
8. Yona Mayor's Office
9. Ft. Soledad, Umatac
10. GWA Pump Station, Merizo
11. Ija Agricultural Station, Inarajan
12. Port Authority of Guam
13. Agat Senior Citizen's Center
14. Hotel Nikko Guam
15. Tamuning Mayor’s Office
16. George Washington High School
17. Piti Village
18. GWA site, Malojloj
19. Ricardo J. Bordallo Governor’s Complex, Adelup
For more information, contact Public Information Officer Jenna G. Blas at (671) 489-2540 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.