GDOE Summer School:
The Guam Department of Education has cancelled all summer school classes today. All GDOE 12-month employees advised to report to work at , in line with the rest of GovGuam.
The Guam Power Authority is working on bringing online generators to restore power systems over the course of the morning. GPA advises they should have substantial load for power restoration in about 4 hours.
Power restoration efforts have already begun, some areas of Barrigada are coming back online. Please report power-related issues to GPA via its Facebook page or call its 24-hour Trouble Dispatch desk at 475-1472, 475-1473, or 475-1474.
Access live information for flight status by visiting www.guamairport.com/travel-
Department of Public Health and Social Services:
DPHSS, Division for Senior Services are suspended today:
- Adult Day Care
- Case Management
- In-Home Services
- Legal Assistance Services
- Senior Center Operations
- Transportation Services
- Nutrition Services for Congregate
- National Family Caregiver Support Program
- Preventive Health
Patients expecting appointments today are advised to contact their clinic directly.
All U.S. Renal Care Dialysis Centers are Open
Impassable and Distrupted Roadways:
- Ypao Road from Marine Drive to Hilton is impassable due to downed power line
- Rt. 17, Tarzan Falls area and Cross Island Road has a downed power pole and been impassable
- Rt. 4 northbound outer lane from Sinajana to Agana, deemed impassable. Assessments are being made
- Rt. 4, near Island Fresh, reported downed tree
- Chalan Ramirez Rd., Yigo, blocked entryway
If possible, stay off the roadways as emergency responders and crews continue to make assessments and clear roadways.
If travel is necessary, treat traffic light areas as four way intersections, stopping for other vehicles.
NWS advises 25 mph sustained winds with gusts up to 38 – 40 mph for the duration of the morning until this afternoon. Northern Guam will continue to experience the heavier gusty winds. It is currently 30 miles north of Guam.
GHS/OCD, working with the NWS, will continue to monitor the system and provide updates. Monitor the latest advisory information through the following sites:
- NWS Website: http://www.prh.noaa.g
- NWS Facebook: https://www.facebook
- GHS/OCD Website: https://ghs.guam.gov/
- GHS/OCD Facebook: https://www.facebook
- Governor Eddie Baza Calvo Facebook: https://www.facebook